1)Taiji qigong warm ups & Thirteen Kinetic Movements
By Greg Illich, Serendipity Tai Chi. My student, Andrew Bartelt, assisted with descriptions.
Qigong moving exercises
- Hip circles
- Twisting (feet parallel and stance)
- Combing the hair
- Taking the helmet off
- Stretching the neck and shoulders
- Carry Tiger back to the Mountain
- Extension: Extending, bending forward with feet shoulder width apart and squatting half way
· Hamstring stretch to sides, circling hand over front toes, back leg bent, front leg straight
- Swaying like Kelp
- Moving hands like floating clouds
· Getting off the floor from supine position, circle around to standing
· holding teacup move hand circularly and overhead to bend backwards
· Taiji circle
· Grinding Elbow
· Breathing through the kidneys
- Push ups into vasishtisanana
- Multi-phase: Straighten front leg, bend back leg, bend over front leg from hip; go forward into lunge, stand up on back leg (step like a cat) withdrawing front leg, step & circle back leg around, hold, both knees bent (front foot in forward attitude, back leg bent, swing suspended leg back, body goes horizontal, both legs straight, return to vertical while kicking out slowly with foot flexed.
· squat and circle hands, lift one foot, turn and circle hands
· take a drink
1. arms up, shake arms, legs
2. leg up to side (abducted), flex foot, shake inner thigh
3. walk in place
Qigong static exercises
- Universal Post: – front heel up, palms face you, finger tips close
- Squat, arms out to the sides, palms down (Three Body Down)
- Opening position
· Chinese chair against wall
· ward off
Rail road exercises
- Bear walking
- Diagonal flying
- Ball walking (variant of floating cloud)
- Parting Wild Horse’s Mane
13 Kinetic Movements
3. Transition to the Right 90 degrees
4. Ward off Right side
5. Brush bird’s tail
a) sit and separate
b) hold ball
c) brush pheasant's tail
d) lion opens the mouth
e) hold ball
f) ward off
6. Roll back
7. Seeming counter and closure
Transition to the left 180 degrees and repeat 3 through 6 left side, transition to the right 90 degrees and repeat 3 through 6 right side, then transition to the left 180 degrees and repeat 3 through 6 left side.
1. Transition to the right 90 degrees.
2. Pull down to the right.
3. Brush knee twist step.
4. Play the lute.
Transition to the left 180 degrees and repeat 2 through 4 left side, transition to the right 90 degrees and repeat 2 through 4 right side, transition to the left 180 degrees and repeat 2 through 4 left side.
1. Transition to the right, to the corner, 135 degrees.
2. Pull down.
3. Bending backwards: catch ball and lift foot while circling arms forward and back.
4. Side twist
5. Hidden kick
6. Elbow stroke
7. Shoulder stroke
8. Central equilibrium
9. Ward off (retreating)
10. Play the lute (retreating)
11. Press (retreating)
Transition to the left 180 degrees (opposite corner) and repeat 2 through 12 left side, transition to the right 90 degrees and repeat 2 through 12 right side, transition to the left 180 degrees and repeat 2 through 12 left side.
13. (After fourth side) pivot on left heel so that toes are now facing the original starting direction. Left hand palm up to dan tien. Right hand palm down, extend arm out and bring back in an arc at shoulder level. Slide right foot next to left foot, hands point down, arms extend down, draw back to front of legs
14. Cross Hands
15. Carry tiger back to the mountain
16. Conclusion of form, bow.